Saturday 27 May 2017

What's Opera, Doc?



Liberetto :
Elmer: 
Be vewy quiet. 
I'm hunting wabbits.

(spoken) 
WABBIT TWACKS!! WABBIT HOLE!!

(thrusting spear) 
KILL THE WABBIT! 
KILL THE WABBIT! 
KILL THE WABBIT!

Bugs (spoken): 
Kill the wabbit?

Elmer
YO HO HO! 
YO HO HO! 
YO HO...

Bugs
Oh mighty warrior of great fighting stock
Might I inquire to ask nyeh... What's up, Doc..?

Elmer
I'm going to kill the wabbit!

Bugs
O mighty warrior, 'twill be quite a task
How will you do it, might I inquire to ask?

E
I will do it with my spear and magic hewmet.

B
Spear and magic hewmet?

E
Spear and magic hewmet.

B
Magic hewmet?

E
Magic hewmet!

B (spoken, disparagingly): 
Magic hewmet....

E
Yes, magic hewmet, 
and I Will give you a sample!

(exit Bugs at warp speed)

E (spoken): 
That was the wabbit!

(Then a chase, followed by:)

E
Oh, Bwoonhilda, 
you're so wovely.

B
Yes, I know it, 
I can't help it.

E
Oh, Bwoonhilda, 
be my wove...

(A dance, then... )

E: 
Weturn, my wove... 
a fire burning inside me...

B: 
Return my luv, 
I want you always bee-side me.

E: 
Wove wike ours must be...

B: 
Made fer you, and fer me...

E: 
Return, won't you return my love... 
For my love is yours.

(As they embrace, Bug's helm falls to the ground... revealing his ears)

Elmer (spoken, outraged): 
I'll KILL the wabbit!!

E (spoken): 
North winds bwow, 
South winds bwow. 
Typhoons, 
Hurricanes...


SMOG!!!!!!

E (spoken): 
Thunder, wigtning, stwike the wabbit!!

(Lightning flashes, striking in the distance -- now moving in, we see
the limp and lifeless form of Bugs -- a drop of water clings to a
crushed flower)

E: 
What have I done?.... 
I've killed the wabbit... 
Poor wittle bunny...
Poor widdle wabbit.....
(sob)

(Bugs is carried off in Elmer's arms... )

B (spoken): 
Well, what did you expect from an opera?

A Happy Ending..?


------------------- The End... That's all Folks -------------

No comments:

Post a Comment