Wednesday 1 February 2017

The 13th Man

He has many many names. 
But in my reckoning he is Merlin.

Hmmm...?
When I say run, run,
I've reversed the polarity of the Neuton flow, the TARDIS should be free of the force-field now.
What?! Not even the Sonic Screwdriver can get me out of this one....
Definitely Civilisation.
On with The Motley!
Evil, evil since the dawn of time (and somewhere else The Tea's getting cold (I can't stand burnt toast)),
Yes!! These SHOES!! They fit PERFECTLY!! Bring me knitting.
[Am I having a mid-life crisis...?]
FANTASTIC!!
What? What?! What?!?! No, no, no.... Don't do that.... Allons-Y!!
Come along, Pond - Don't be a monk.
It's Doctor Disco, here. I don't hug - they're attack eyebrows.



I know whom thou seekest, for thou seekest Merlin; therefore seek no farther, for I am he.

You that are watching
The gray Magician
With eyes of wonder,
I am Merlin,
And I am dying,
I am Merlin
Who follow The Gleam.

The days of our kind are numberèd. The one God comes to drive out the many gods. The spirits of wood and stream grow silent. It's the way of things. Yes... it's a time for men, and their ways.

The best thing for being sad … is to learn something. That is the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake in the middle of the night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world around you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then — to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting.

Look upon this moment. Savor it! Rejoice with great gladness! Great gladness! Remember it always, for you are joined by it. You are One, under the stars. Remember it well, then... this night, this great victory. So that in the years ahead, you can say, "I was there that night, with Arthur, the King!" For it is the doom of men that they forget.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha. *

* "The Charm of Making", an incantation repeatedly uttered by both Merlin and Morgana, is in an Old Gaelic dialect which translates to: 

"Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making."




No comments:

Post a Comment