Saturday 18 February 2017

Rogue One : Wrongs Darker than Death or Night


"To suffer woes which Hope thinks infinite;
To forgive wrongs darker than death or night;
To defy power which seems omnipotent;
To love, and bear; to hope till Hope creates
From its own wreck the thing it contemplates;
Neither to change, nor falter, nor repent;
This, like thy glory, Titan, is to be
Good, great and joyous, beautiful and free;
This is alone Life, Joy, Empire, and Victory." 

Demogorgon (The People-Monster)
Percy Beysche Shelley
Prometheus Unbound


"Meru, I hope the Cardassians aren't lying to me, and that they really will send this message to you. 

I know it's only been a few weeks that we've been back home, but you should see the children. It's like they've been transformed. Reon and Pohl are laughing and playing together; they've never been happier, and I swear little Nerys must have gained five pounds. 

Of course, they keep asking for you. I've told them that you're still at the refugee center. I think that's best, at least for the time being. 

I can't believe how much I miss you. I think about you all the time. 

You've saved all our lives. I hope you realize that. Never forget it, not even for an instant. 

Every day, I pray to the Prophets that you'll find some peace in this new life of yours. I believe that even in the worst of times we can still find moments of joy, and kindness. If you can find that kindness, hold onto it. 

And remember, no matter what happens, I love you Meru. I'll always love you."

- Kira Taban





KIRA: 
I've always hated collaborators. 

I mean, what could be worse than betraying your own people? 

During the occupation, if I ever had doubt about what their fate should be all I would think of my mother, how she gave her life for Bajor. 

She was a hero, they were traitors. 
It was that simple.
Or so I thought. 

SISKO: 
She did what she had to do to save her family. 
To save you. 

KIRA: 
It doesn't make it right. 

SISKO: 
Maybe not, but it was her decision to make. 

KIRA: 
I did some checking. She died in a Cardassian hospital seven years after she met Dukat. 

Seven years. 

Do you know how many Bajorans died in labour camps during that time? 
Died, while my mother sat sipping kanar with Dukat. 

SISKO:
Tell me something, Nerys. If you hate her that much, why did you save her life? 

KIRA: 
Believe me, there's a part of me that wishes that I hadn't. 
But the fact is, no matter what she did, she was still my mother.






No comments:

Post a Comment