Friday 11 November 2016

Arrogant Presumption





KIRK: Dining on ashes?

SPOCK: You were right. It was arrogant presumption on my part that got us into this situation. 

You and the Doctor might have been killed.

KIRK: The night is young. 

You said it yourself. It was logical. 

Peace is worth a few personal risks. 

...You're a great one for logic. I'm a great one for rushing in where angels fear to tread. 

We're both extremists. 

Reality is probably somewhere in between us. 

...I couldn't get past the death of my son.

SPOCK: I was prejudiced by her accomplishments as a Vulcan.

KIRK: Gorkon had to die before I understood how prejudiced I was.

SPOCK: Is it possible 

...that we two, you and I, have grown so old and so inflexible 

...that we have outlived our usefulness? 

...Would that constitute.... a joke..?

KIRK: Don't crucify yourself. It wasn't your fault.

SPOCK: I was responsible.

KIRK: For no actions but your own.

SPOCK: That is not what you said at your trial.

KIRK: That was as Captain of a ship. Human beings...

SPOCK: But Captain, we both know that I am not human.

KIRK: Do you want to know something? 

...Everybody's human.

SPOCK: I find that remark ...insulting.

KIRK: Come on. I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment