Thursday 4 February 2016

Holden Caulfield Programming

NEMO=I AM NO-ONE=MARK DAVID CHAPMAN

"THIS IS MY STATEMENT - Holden Caulfield"

Mark David Chapman

"...Mark did a strange thing: he set up, on a bureau in his room, a display of his most treasured possessions ... They were designed to show the police the 'real' Mark when, as he anticipated, they later entered the room after he had accomplished the murder ... there was a movie still from The Wizard of Oz showing the young Judy Garland as Dorothy wiping away the Cowardly Lion's tears with 'To Dorothy' written on it in Mark's own handwriting."

Who Killed John Lennon?

Pp.220-221






"But I did leave you, Uncle Henry. That's just the trouble. 
And I tried to get back for days and days.... 
But it wasn't a dream. It was a place. 

And you - and you - and you - and you were there.





THE CATCHER IN THE RYE - CHAPTER 26

THAT'S ALL I'm going to tell about. I could probably tell you what I did after I went home, and how I got sick and all, and what school I'm supposed to go to next fall, after I get out of here, but I don't feel like it. I really don't. That stuff doesn't interest me too much right now.

A lot of people, especially this one psychoanalyst guy they have here, keeps asking me if I'm going to apply myself when I go back to school next September. It's such a stupid question, in my opinion. I mean how do you know what you're going to do till you do it? The answer is, you don't. I think I am, but how do I know? I swear, it's a stupid question.

D.B. isn't as bad as the rest of them, but he keeps asking me a lot of questions, too. He drove over last Saturday with this English babe that's in this new picture he's writing. She was pretty affected, but very good-looking. Anyway, one time when she went to the ladies' room way the hell down in the other wing, D.B. asked me what I thought about all this stuff I just finished telling you about. I didn't know what the hell to say. If you want to know the truth, I don't know what I think about it. I'm sorry I told so many people about it. About all I know is, I sort of miss everybody I told about. Even old Stradlater and Ackley, for instance. I think I even miss that goddam Maurice. It's funny. Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment