Tuesday 10 March 2015

The Firm


"[Sinatra is a] pretty strange person... He could be terribly nice one minute and, well, not so nice the next..."

Prince Charles,
[Who talks to plants and insists that he hears them answering him]
On the occasion of their third meeting,
1970



Left to right, Frank Sinatra, Ava Gardner (1922–1990), Mrs C.J. Latta, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and American opera singer Dorothy Kirsten enjoying an after dinner joke at a Variety Club of Great Britain benefit for the National Playing Fields Association, at the Empress Club, London, 29th December 1951. 

Mrs Latta is the wife of a co-founder of the Variety Club of Great Britain.


Duke of Edinburgh at an airport in Palm Springs. 
15th March 1966





"I shall send round a couple of my friends with strong Sicilian accents to talk with you...."

Sir James "Jimmy" Savile, OBE,
Knight-Commander of the Papal Order of St. Gregory the Great

"When I became president, I had never met Frank Sinatra, although I was an enormous admirer of his... I had the opportunity after I became president to get to know him a little, to have dinner with him, to appreciate on a personal level what hundreds of millions of people around the world appreciated from afar."

President Bill Clinton,
Order of the De Molay
1998





"[Sinatra] was the guv'nor as far as I was concerned. I was very shocked when I heard the news, although it wasn't unexpected. I think we had known it was coming for a few years... It is one of the big regrets in my life that I never met him properly. He is one of the two people I would always have loved to meet, Frank and Fred Astaire."

Sir Bruce Forsyth,
1998




"We always thought he was creepy"

Sir Paul McCartney, MBE & Sir Bruce Forsyth

Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother, with Sir Bruce Forsythe and Sir Cliff Richard (right) following a performance at the London Palladium, 1st December 1960.





Sir Fred Goodwin


No comments:

Post a Comment